Monday, July 2, 2007

Whatta waste o time n $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ With JBJ,Shaad Bunty and Babblied the audiences bigtime$$$

Jhoom Barobar Jhoom:

I tried hard not to watch this one at all and avoided it as much as I could. But since I watched serendipity few days back it’s very much showing it’s presence in my life, albeit of the unfortunate kind [refer 2 my previous blog].

So there I was all set to anticipate bad time I was gonna have in that theatre. Dark, Enclosed theatre! Similar to places where you r given 3rd degree torture!

There is no way, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom is gonna have a mixed response from the public and critics. I’m sure for once we have received unanimous response for this film.[Such is the impact of a bad film]. Can’t bring myself to believe, this film is from the same Shaad Ali who regaled us with aplomb in his previous films [Saathiya and Bunty $ Bably r one of my top 20 favorites].The film is high on style, glitz and glamour but low on content!The first half of the film was dead, with nothing exciting happening at all. Chemistry between any one the four protagonists was zilch! The film only picks up some momentum in the last half an hour but by then the audiences are preety frustrated and would have lost their interest in the film. [Lemme add by this time they have prepared a long list of alternate things they wud have done if they had not spent 100 bucks and 3 hours on this bullshit!] This is also the time when you realize that the concept of he film was not all that bad. It was a novel idea which could have translated into a great comedy, had it been treated well and if more time was given at the scripting stage. The first half could have turned out to be a laugh riot!

I wonder what Shaad was thinking when he was making this film:
* He wanted to try a totally out of the box concept [which eventually backfired].
* After the great Indian squalor of B&B and Saathiyaa, he wanted to show some European grandeur!
* Or simply he wanted to indulge in an expensive time pass.

I could also spot hell lot of similarities between JBJ and bun $ bub, such as:

*The director’s fixation with Taj Mahal and the pheras in its background.[I’m sure he SMSed 1 lakh times for Taj to be included in the new 7 wonders of the world!].
* Abhishek and his acquaintance was again a different breed of conmen.
*The way Abhishek held cellphone. I’ve only seen Bunty do it on Indian screen!
*Old Bollywood classics being played in the background.


Even the performances were tired and forced. Priety looked neither cute nor sexy. Bobby acted as if this performance of him will surely fetch him an Oscar! Abhishek pitched in some good performance[though he too lokked bored]. Lara was sexy, hot and I liked her in the latter half, where she played a Southhall slut!
Though on the upside, the music was really gr8. I actually like all the sogs very much, esp. ticket to…Thankfully Shaad retained this quality of his films[I luv d music o saathiya and b$b!

2 comments:

memories said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mits said...

hehehhe..
didnt i tell ya .. not to waste ur money
dekha baat na manne se kya hota hai.....

but i liked Abhi... itna bura nahi tha woh!!